Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
UCSF Medical Center
Patient Care Manager-Perianesthesia Units
San Francisco, CA 94143 United States
Compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package with health and welfare benefits that start on day one of employment.
Clinical Nurse Manager PACU
Registered Nurse Manager
The Perianesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Patient Care Manager (PCM) will be responsible for management, supervision and development of staff across three campuses; Parnassus, Ambulatory Surgery Center, and Mount Zion, for assigned services and programs (total bed spaces / bays = 87).
The incumbent works closely with appropriate department chairs, medical directors and medical staff for the services assigned. The PACU PCM, in collaboration with the appropriate faculty from Parnassus, Ambulatory Surgery Center, and Mount Zion campuses, plans, develops and directs the patient care programs and related capital projects. In addition the PCM ensures the quality of patient care in all preoperative and post-anesthesia care units which include a Children’s Surgery Center at the Parnassus campus.
The Patient Care Manager has responsibility for 3 Preop units and 3 PACUs. This position directly supervises 4 assistant nurse managers and 1 perianesthesia nurse educator and 1 pediatric nurse educator to provide oversight of the delivery of efficient and effective professional nursing care consistent with established regulatory standards.
Perioperative Services performs approximately 25,000 annual procedures to include Transplants, Ortho-Spine, Neuro, Cardiac, Vascular, Thoracic, Fetal, OHNS, Breast, GYN, GYN-Oncology, Plastics, Ophthalmology, ECT, and General surgeries. Both adult and pediatric populations are served by highly tenured, clinically competent staff. Appropriate care is based on the specific individual needs. Staff are trained based on the patient’s age. All ages are cared for; infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Education, training, experience:
1. Five years recent administrative oversight in an OR or PACU environment.
2. Knowledge of appropriate professional standards for the multidisciplinary team.
3. Ability to pursue multiple goals, analyze complex issues, prioritize initiatives, facilitate change in response to a dynamic environment, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
4. Bachelor of Science in Nursing
1. Extensive knowledge of hospital operations in a multi-hospital setting
2. Master’s Degree
3. Academic Medical Center nursing and/or hospital administration experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
4. Professional certification in speciality area (CPAN, CAPA, CCRN, and / or NE-BC)
1. Active California Registered Nurse License
2. Current American Heart Association CPR certification
Terms & Conditions